Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Magazines
Yesterday I was at Mars Supermarket and happened to walk by the check out counter and see all of the magazines, I stopped and was reminded of the assignment so I stopped and began to stare at them. What jumped out to me was the pictures of course on magazines such as cosmo and Maxim magazine because.....well who does not love hot girls? then i began to read the headlines and i began to laugh a little. I just find it funny that the population cares more about what perfume Katy Perry wears then anything else. women and men are portrayed in these magazines as the ideal person. I can not remember the last magazine that i picked up and a regular looking person was on it, everyone looks like they just got done doing 1000 sit-ups. I guess I am just wondering what the magazine wants us to think when we see the cover, are we suppose to feel like we should look like these people even when they have to be airbrushed to look like that? Are we suppose to feel bad about ourselves? Who knows? Either way I don't care cause the only thing I bought at Mars was a drink, so I am not giving into the Corporate advertising :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment